Instagram

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

What makes a good mind?


"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?" T.S. Eliot 

What makes a good mind?

Is it one that analyzes? Takes apart? Dissects? Separates?
The world labels this as wisdom.

OR

Is it one that synthesizes? Pulls together? Reunites? Connects?
The world labels this as foolishness.

I (and some others I am sure) would attempt to wrest the modern imagination and correct it to the latter habit. Anyone can tear things down. The world needs more people who create.

I would rather script a narrative of discovery, reconnection, and unification in my story. I want to be unconditionally and fundamentally grateful for my existence. I do want to appreciate the details, but I don't want to become ensnared by them.

Faith is a knowledge of things which are not seen which are true. I don't need to know everything about something. I just need to connect and compare this something with the things I do know.

I want to be a person of faith. 

I want to discover. 

I want to maintain wonder.

I do not want to sacrifice my aliveness for cynicism and resignation.