Instagram

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Puccini Vibes

I now bring you today's edition of The Odd Musical Vibes of Olivia Jensen. I was exposed to this piece as a child, but I've recently revisited it with far more regard and inquisitiveness. I'm really feeling this right now. Give it a listen. It's utterly fantastic.



Turandot: Nessun dorma 
By Giacomo Puccini 
As performed by Luciano Pavarotti

(Calaf, the unknown prince:)
None shall sleep! None shall sleep! You too, princess,
In your cold room
You watch the stars
Trembling of love and hope...
 
But the mystery of me is locked inside of me
No one will know my name!
No, no, I will say it on your mouth,
When the light will shine!
And my kiss will melt the silence
that makes you mine.
 
(Choir, voices of women:)
No one will know my name...
And we will, unfortunately, have to die, die!
 
(Calaf, the unknown prince:)
Leave, oh night! Set, stars!
Set, stars! At sunrise I will win!
I will win! I will win!