Instagram

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Speak Your Truth

A teacher called on me in a class today and said, 

"Speak your truth, Olivia."

I voiced my idea and thought on the topic we were discussing.

The teacher thanked me for speaking and went on to explain to the others why my words were true.

Apparently, I spoke my truth well. 

But I wondered something.

What makes it MY truth?

Shouldn't it be our truth? Or rather, THE truth?

If it is our truth or the truth, wouldn't we all have to have accepted it as truth before it can be labelled so?

Is my truth different than YOUR truth?

Perhaps what I consider to be MY truth is not aligned with THE truth.

Can I possess truth? Can it be mine? Can I make it mine? Can I create truth?

Is truth that tangible?

In the state of nature, a state of perfect freedom, anything you add your own labor to becomes yours.

If I add my work and efforts to a principle or a truth, it could become mine. Couldn't it?

I've tested it. I've experimented and acted upon it. I've lived it.

If I've done these things, it could be MY truth. 

What about THE truth, though?

Can there be many types of truth?

Or are all truths part of THE truth?

There must be an overarching truth. There is. 

Actually, I know there is. 

God's truth is THE truth.

HIS truth is above the world's truth.

HIS truth I will proclaim.

Can I have HIS truth? Can I make it MY truth too? 

By proclaiming it, it becomes part of me. HIS truth can become MY truth if I act upon it.

Yet the entire world needs it. We must make it OUR truth. 

We'll bring the world HIS truth.

We must speak the truth. We must live the truth. 

How else can we be sure of it? How else can it be truth?

We must speak. We must speak HIS truth.

But who is We? Why, it's us. 

You and I. 

Seekers of truth. Disciples of Christ. Human beings with a divine potential.

THE truth is eternal. Eternal truths are what life is created from.

THE truth will make you free. HIS truth will set you free

Can we make it OUR truth? I don't want to be alone. 

But wait. 

If MY truth is HIS truth, I am never alone. 

If MY truth is HIS truth, I have nothing to fear. 

My truth must be God's truth, for HIS truth is THE truth. 

God is all-powerful, all-knowing.

Of course HIS truth is THE truth.

But if OUR truth is HIS truth, we can save the world. 

Speak your truth, my friend.