Instagram

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Breathtaking Views: Prince of Peace

This painting, entitled Prince of Peace, is by Akiane Kramarik, who is considered to be one of the most successful child prodigy artists who ever lived and the "youngest binary genius in both realism art and poetry." I would highly recommend thoroughly perusing her entire art website, for it will astound you.

She painted this when she was 8 years old.


Below is the poem she wrote to accompany it:

Perhaps I wanted to catch it
perhaps not

But one morning
an eagle dropped a diamond

And right then
with my faulty brush
full of my own hair
I wanted to paint

I wanted to paint the wings-
Too late - they flew away
I wanted to paint a flower
Too late - it withered

That night the rain
was running after me
Each drop of rain
showed God's face
His face was everywhere
On homes and on me

I wrung out the love
to make the red

I wrung out the stumps
to make the brown

I wrung out the trust
to make the pink

I wrung out my own eyes
to make the blue

I wrung out the seaweed
to make the green

I wrung out the nightly pain
to make the black

I wrung out my grandmother's hair
to make the gray

I wrung out my visions
to make the violet

I wrung out the truth
to make the white

Today I want to paint God's face
IT'S NOT TOO LATE!


-Akiane Kramarik, age 8