Instagram

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A 2015 Review: April

APRIL.

  • I turned 17 years old. It was a nice, quiet, reflective celebration. I didn't really do anything to party, but it felt good. I feel like my age matches my appearance better (because people are no longer shocked to see me in college or see me with the babies and then hear that I'm only 16 years old) I also was a bit wistful. Youth gives you an advantage in many areas. The realization that time is passing made me feel like my window of influence as a result of being a young teenager is quickly shrinking. I have much to do this year.
  • I have my first photo shoot ever. (This is a weird highlight, but it was important to me.) My little brother wanted to experiment with the camera, and the field across from our house was looking gorgeous, so we took pictures. This terrified me. I had never considered myself to be a photogenic or particularly attractive person. I hated pictures and I felt I looked bad in them, and only the super attractive people got their photos taken like this. I was terrified by the notion because I felt it would only magnify my flaws even further. This fear was strange for me, because for a long time previous to that point I considered myself to However, throughout the process of shooting and editing, I actually gained a new kind of confidence. For anyone who has doubts about their appearance or are afraid of being in pictures, I would highly recommend a photo shoot with someone you trust. It really did wonders for me.
  • I continue to work hard in school and try to balance it with my home life, which is equally stressful and busy. 
  • Easter was beautiful. 
  • I continue to have some health issues with the recurring bronchitis. Since I got pneumonia in 2013, I have had an unfortunate susceptibility for upper-respiratory infection. My left lung is pretty scarred, and the repeated illness is keeping it from healing further. 
  • I go on the GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) Intro diet to begin healing my gut and pull out of this sickness. I begin learning more about traditional foods and I begin following a GAPS/Paleo diet more diligently.
  • I take the ACT again, but due to my illnesses and busyness with school, I failed to study harder, and I scored a 31 again. This is a good score, but because I know I haven't studied I feel like I've cheated myself. I plan to take it again.