Instagram

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A 2015 Review: November

NOVEMBER.
  • I cave to my yearnings for my missing shoes and buy a pair. However, I can only bring myself to spend $15 because in my heart I believe they will come back to me. I retire the Jesus sandals and begin wearing this new $15 pair every day.
  • The weather gets heavenly. 
  • There is a lot of babysitting and errand-running because mom is so sick. Amid the stress, I gained a new appreciation and love for mothers. This is truly the hardest job in the world. 
  • I spent multiple evenings reading and studying in the library at the Riparian Preserve. This change of environment was so good for me. 
  • I had lots of herbal tea and Pero. My study stations are incessantly littered by empty mugs and spoons. 
  • Josh played Dickon in The Secret Garden at MCC and did some incredible, tasteful, and moving work. That kid is refining his raw talent into something powerful. I'm really proud of him. 
  • I'm recording my piano repertoire for college piano auditions. There is so much practicing going on. Most days I am mentally exhausted before 3pm. However, I truly started seeing the fruits of my labors. I got some fantastic takes of my pieces. 
  • Cool companies are sending Josh cool stuff and we are taking cool pictures of it. 
  • I went to the temple often. The stress is real, but the spirituality is realer. 
  • We spent Thanksgiving in Las Vegas with family, and I got to spend all of Black Friday hanging with Burgers and SummerFest folk. Such a marvelous weekend. Such good food and good company. Loved it.  
  • I got food poisoning. It was so bad. I have never thrown up so much in my life. I must include this detail because remembering it makes me all the more thankful for health. 
  • I'm thankful for life. 
Anything for da Gram