Instagram

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A 2015 Review: March

MARCH. 



  • My auditions were accepted for the two competitions, and I am continuously practicing my pieces. For these competitions I am playing Sonata Op. 2 No. 1 by Haydn, Hungarian Rhapsody No. 11 by Liszt, and Etude Op. 25 No. 9 by Chopin. 
  • I compete in the Steinway Avanti Piano Competition, Senior Division, and I win second place, third prize. (The judges deemed no competitor worthy of the $1,000 first prize, which was quite unfortunate. I agree with their ruling, however. I didn't play my absolute best. I still had a sizable prize, though.)
  • I compete in the Arizona Musicfest Piano Competition, Senior Division, and I win second place, second prize. I played my BEST and I was very happy with the performance. I was SO HAPPY that day. Their is something so magical about finally tasting the fruits of your labors and those fruits end up being SO GOOD that they win hundreds of dollars on top of tasting extraordinarily delicious. So awesome. 
  • Due to my focus on piano, I have neglected my self-paced foreign language course and am failing it. This is the first class I have ever failed at one point. Have no fear, though. 
  • According to my journal, I turned down seven dates this month. I was much too occupied with piano for such fluff.
  • The one date I did go on this month was with a guy who, while ON the date, told me he could summon demons and then proceeded to try and hold my hand and later kiss me. He utterly failed. #howtogetagirltofallinlovewithyou #tellheryousummondemons