Instagram

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A 2015 Review: May

MAY.



  • I prepared for finals. I had a TON of them this semester.
  • I registered for Elevation Outdoors with Williamsburg Academy since January, yet I ended up having to cancel this registration and stay home due to a piano adjudication that coincided with it. Devastation ensues. 
  • All year I was preparing five pieces (Liszt, Chopin, Ginastera, Haydn, and Bach) for the Arizona Study Program Level 12 (which is the highest level) piano adjudication. I performed and received a Superior Honors Rating on each of my pieces. I received the highest grade on the Level 12 theory test out of all the students of Fei Xu and Hong Zhu in New Century Conservatory. 
  • I went to my Junior prom, which was a blast. Here is a fun tidbit that made my day: I was quite stressed out with finals and my piano practice that I had not prepared for it at all. I didn't have an appropriate dress and I also did not have time to go shopping. So, my mom surprised me by bringing home 12 different dresses for me to try on at home. This "home shopping experience" was one of the best shopping experiences I have ever had. I decided on one dress and she returned the rest. It was beyond awesome. Thanks, Mom.
  • I took my finals, aced them, and got straight A's for the year. 
  • I took my siblings on some good desert hikes. 
  • I didn't go to Elevation due to a piano competition, and it was a very sad week.
  • My Junior year ended. I had incredible professors and mentors this year. I was very blessed.
  • Those beautiful twin babies were growing and bonding. They smile and laugh and babble, and they've gone from being 4 and 5 pounds to being healthy weights. I fell in love with these babies.
  • I was asked to speak at the Queen Creek North Stake Girls Camp about how piano performance has taught me to endure to the end. I freaked out just a bit, but I did my best to prayerfully and diligently prepare for camp in June. I studied my scriptures, many talks, and my music.