Instagram

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Answers

(Written on November 11th, 2015.)

God can withhold answers for a time in order to allow us to apply the truths He has already provided us. He does this with me a lot.

I just learned that what I may feel prompted to do is not always the long-term answer.

Elder Bednar gave a brilliant series of talks on "Patterns of Light" where he explains different ways revelation is received. I often feel like my revelation is coming as light in a fog. There is just enough light to take a step forward. I don't want to be afraid to take those steps. The world may say that it isn't safe to move forward, but this is how revelation works.

Now, we see through a glass darkly. That's okay. That's the whole point of faith. That's the point of the Savior's light, which shineth in this darkness. Never tire in discovering the gospel, for all things shall be revealed in His time.

I just heard this in church today:
When He answers YES, it is to give us confidence. When He answers NO, it is to protect us and keep us on track. When He gives no distinct answer, it is to help us grow.

Thank you, God, for helping me grow.