Instagram

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Refiner


And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God. 
(Zechariah 13:9)

I had a thought about the refiner's fire. Apparently, a refiner can tell that the impurities in metal are gone once he can see his reflection in the metal. Is not the purpose and process of our spiritual refining the same?

The Lord is our refiner. We are put through the furnace of trial so that we may be like unto the Lord, receiving his image in our countenance. We can be a light unto the world only when we are a reflection of Christ, free of the world's impurities.

10 But he aknoweth the way that I take: when he hath btried me, I shall come forth as gold.
(Job 23:10)

P.S. I highly recommend Job 23. It changed my life yesterday.

(Written on June 27th, 2016.)