Instagram

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Spirit is Willing, but the Flesh is Weak

(Written on November 7th, 2014.)

Random thoughts on the gospel, ready set go: Oftentimes I lament and disparage myself over the fact that my Spirit is willing but my flesh is so weak.

But I rejoice in the knowledge that my Savior is aware of this. He knows me. The Lord is aware of me.

Why did the Savior go back to Peter, James, and John three times while in the Garden of Gethsemane? Why did he keep waking them? He knew the Spirit was willing, but the flesh was weak.

He knows us and loves us, so he gives us second and third and fourth and fifth chances. He keeps inviting us to COME. We get limitless chances at eternity if we apply the Atonement, because the Atonement overcame death, the flesh. I'd be toast without Jesus.

References for further study:
Luke 22
Matthew 26
Mark 14
2 Nephi 4